Diamond Sellers Guide
Before you sell your diamonds:
- Shop around. Don’t just go to the first person you see in the newspaper or yellow pages. Check out their website. Ask for some references and then check the references.
- Check the rating they have with Better Business Bureau and are they members.
- Are they active in the Chamber Of Commerce or community?
- Do they have a valid business license?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will they give you a quote over phone on what they are paying per gram? Any good gold buyer should be able to quote a price to the penny. Quotes are always done per gram. If they tell you that they have to see the gold to give you a price, this is an obvious problem as there is no need to see the gold.
- Look over what you are selling. If you have any jewelry that is intricately designed with small gems and diamonds, these pieces of jewelry are very labor intensive and may have more value as jewelry instead of their gold value and can be sold privately.
- If you have a family heirloom piece of jewelry make sure that you are ready to sell it. It will be impossible to retrieve it once it is melted down. Rule of thumb is if you have even the slightest bit of hesitation, hang onto it. You can always sell it at a later date.
- Make sure you are getting value for your diamonds and gems and the company you are selling to have experience in that area. Often good size diamonds can add significant extra value to your gold sales.
- Follow your gut instincts. If something doesn’t seem right, it probably isn’t. A professional gold buyer should explain everything to you in detail that they are doing and it should be a very smooth and pleasant transaction.
Clinton Beck is the President of Beck Gold & Diamond Brokers. He has been brokering gold and diamonds for over 20 years. “With gold prices reaching ever higher prices, it is very important that people research where they are selling their gold,” says Beck “a small handful can be worth thousands of dollars so it is important that consumers do their due diligence to find the best value for their gold. We have clients who have been offered several thousand dollars less by gold buyers.”
What Should I Bring?
The following are items you need to bring to sell your scrap gold:
One (1) piece of government-issued picture ID (e.g. driver’s license)
One (1) piece of government-issued ID (e.g. health care card; social insurance card)
The jewellery you plan to sell must belong to you.
We work with the guidance of the Edmonton Police Service – Business Watch International.
Current Gold Price
Current Silver Price
I wanted to greatly thank you for assisting me with the purchase of the earrings. I have given them to my wife this week on our 1 year wedding anniversary and she loved them. Based on this purchase and my experience I will certainly be referring businesses your way.
Any jewellery hoarders out there? I was both impressed and amazed by Clinton’s professionalism and honesty when he appraised my gold. I highly recommend Beck Diamonds if you have old gold that is collecting dust or if you are just in need of cash. The value of gold is great, and I was pleasantly …
When I decided to sell my gold, I was terrified. I had inherited my mother’s gold and held onto it for almost nine years. My mother had always told me “never sell your gold, it’s your only asset when the economy goes bad.” Well, the economy got bad, I became injured and still had bills to pay with n…
Thanks Beck Diamonds, Friendly and honest service. Upfront and helpful. Thanks for the tour as well. Lots of neat stuff, like a mini museum.
Clinton, I am so happy to have met you. You are a true professional. I felt like I was on the antiques road show when you were explaining everything about my jewellery. Thanks for your help. I look forward to doing business with you in the future.
After phoning around I decided to set an appointment with you and another gold buyer who was located in a mall on the south side of Edmonton in a jewellery store. Both you and he seemed the most professional businesses I could find. I went to the jewellery store first. When I arrived I took out my b…
Thank you Clinton for your great service. Brenda and I had a nice experience visiting on Friday. We certainly will refer friends and family to your business and hope to do more business with you in the future. Thank you again.
So nice to meet you both today, and thank you so much for spending the time with me to look at some of my gemstones and diamonds. And, for your great suggestions on Diamond Grading ABC. I’ve ordered it from the GIA educational store – they’re offering free shipping and a great price right now. …
Thank you for meeting with me on Friday and for your professional approach and kind manner. It was a pleasure doing business with you!
I am a student in college and I went to see Mr. Beck about 2 months ago to sell a ring with some small diamonds in it. Mr. Beck advised me that the ring was in excellent condition and I may wish to sell it on Kijiji before selling it for scrap gold as I could possibly get more money for it doing it …