Before you sell your gold:
- Shop around. Don’t just go to the first person you see in the newspaper or yellow pages. Check out their website. Ask for some references and then check the references.
- Check the rating they have with Better Business Bureau and are they members.
- Are they active in the Chamber Of Commerce or community?
- Do they have a valid business license?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will they give you a quote over phone on what they are paying per gram? Any good gold buyer should be able to quote a price to the penny. Quotes are always done per gram. If they tell you that they have to see the gold to give you a price, this is an obvious problem as there is no need to see the gold.
- Look over what you are selling. If you have any jewelry that is intricately designed with small gems and diamonds, these pieces of jewelry are very labor intensive and may have more value as jewelry instead of their gold value and can be sold privately.
- If you have a family heirloom piece of jewelry make sure that you are ready to sell it. It will be impossible to retrieve it once it is melted down. Rule of thumb is if you have even the slightest bit of hesitation, hang onto it. You can always sell it at a later date.
- Make sure you are getting value for your diamonds and gems and the company you are selling to have experience in that area. Often good size diamonds can add significant extra value to your gold sales.
- Follow your gut instincts. If something doesn’t seem right, it probably isn’t. A professional gold buyer should explain everything to you in detail that they are doing and it should be a very smooth and pleasant transaction.
Clinton Beck is the President of Beck Gold & Diamond Brokers. He has been brokering gold and diamonds for over 20 years. “With gold prices reaching ever higher prices, it is very important that people research where they are selling their gold,” says Beck “a small handful can be worth thousands of dollars so it is important that consumers do their due diligence to find the best value for their gold. We have clients who have been offered several thousand dollars less by gold buyers.”
What Should I Bring?
The following are items you need to bring to sell your scrap gold:
One (1) piece of government-issued picture ID (e.g. driver’s license)
One (1) piece of government-issued ID (e.g. health care card; social insurance card)
The jewellery you plan to sell must belong to you.
We work with the guidance of the Edmonton Police Service – Business Watch International.
Current Gold Price
Current Silver Price
As expected, my second visit and transaction with you has been nothing but stellar. As you know, the first time I shopped around to get the best possible value for my gold/diamonds. Your offer was, by far, the best. The second time, I wasted no time shopping knowing that nobody in this city can prov…
I took my gold to a few jewellers and the highest price they offered me was $160.00. I phoned your office to get a quote over the phone and you estimated that I would receive roughly $440.00. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at your very professional office. After you tested some of the gol…
Thank you for meeting with me on Friday and for your professional approach and kind manner. It was a pleasure doing business with you!
I was very impressed by my experience of meeting you, and how professional you were in the sale of my bracelet. I will definitely refer you to other people who could use your service. All the best in the New Year.
Thank you Clinton for your great service. Brenda and I had a nice experience visiting on Friday. We certainly will refer friends and family to your business and hope to do more business with you in the future. Thank you again.
Thanks Beck Diamonds, Friendly and honest service. Upfront and helpful. Thanks for the tour as well. Lots of neat stuff, like a mini museum.
My wife Lisa Nelson introduced me to your services this week with an appointment with one of your sons, I think Nicholas. It was my first experience in trading in old, and unwanted gold and I found the experience so simple, friendly and it went off without a hitch. We went to your residence, or it a…
It was a pleasure to meet you today and I want to thank you for your very generous donation to Jessica’s Wish for our major fundraiser to be held on Sept. 4th, 2011. I know it will be a wonderful auction item and will help us to raise more money this year
Your professionalism made the process worth telling all my friends and family about your business. I look forward to our many dealings in the future, warmest regards,
I was at your place on Monday (I had the silverwear set and loved all your furry friends) I just want to thank you for everything and the advice on where to sell my silverwear set. I have been telling all my girlfriends and we are all very excited to have a party. Thanks again, talk soon.