Before you sell your gold:
- Shop around. Don’t just go to the first person you see in the newspaper or yellow pages. Check out their website. Ask for some references and then check the references.
- Check the rating they have with Better Business Bureau and are they members.
- Are they active in the Chamber Of Commerce or community?
- Do they have a valid business license?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will they give you a quote over phone on what they are paying per gram? Any good gold buyer should be able to quote a price to the penny. Quotes are always done per gram. If they tell you that they have to see the gold to give you a price, this is an obvious problem as there is no need to see the gold.
- Look over what you are selling. If you have any jewelry that is intricately designed with small gems and diamonds, these pieces of jewelry are very labor intensive and may have more value as jewelry instead of their gold value and can be sold privately.
- If you have a family heirloom piece of jewelry make sure that you are ready to sell it. It will be impossible to retrieve it once it is melted down. Rule of thumb is if you have even the slightest bit of hesitation, hang onto it. You can always sell it at a later date.
- Make sure you are getting value for your diamonds and gems and the company you are selling to have experience in that area. Often good size diamonds can add significant extra value to your gold sales.
- Follow your gut instincts. If something doesn’t seem right, it probably isn’t. A professional gold buyer should explain everything to you in detail that they are doing and it should be a very smooth and pleasant transaction.
Clinton Beck is the President of Beck Gold & Diamond Brokers. He has been brokering gold and diamonds for over 20 years. “With gold prices reaching ever higher prices, it is very important that people research where they are selling their gold,” says Beck “a small handful can be worth thousands of dollars so it is important that consumers do their due diligence to find the best value for their gold. We have clients who have been offered several thousand dollars less by gold buyers.”
What Should I Bring?
The following are items you need to bring to sell your scrap gold:
One (1) piece of government-issued picture ID (e.g. driver’s license)
One (1) piece of government-issued ID (e.g. health care card; social insurance card)
The jewellery you plan to sell must belong to you.
We work with the guidance of the Edmonton Police Service – Business Watch International.
Current Gold Price
Current Silver Price
I was very impressed by my experience of meeting you, and how professional you were in the sale of my bracelet. I will definitely refer you to other people who could use your service. All the best in the New Year.
Thanks for your help as well, I was very comfortable selling my gold items to you and am very glad that I chose your company instead of someone else that would not have been so personable. I would definitely recommend you to family friends and business associates. Thanks again and I will more than l…
I tried selling a small amount of gold to those TV guys. They lost my “supposedly insured package” and now won’t even return my phone calls. I am so glad I found you. I really wish I would have found you earlier. It was a very professional experience and getting cash and a very fair payout is the on…
I had a great experience with Beck Diamonds. While purchasing bullion silver Clinton gave me exceptional service at a cost lower than my previous suppliers. I am excited for our future dealings and would highly recommend him to anyone looking to invest in precious metals.
I’m so happy to have met you yesterday when I came to sell my gold jewellery. I was so confused and had a hard time parting with it and shared with you my reasons for selling. You were so kind, patient, polite. Your advice and good thoughts gave me great confidence that i’m selling it to the right p…
I went to Londonderry Mall where a business was set up to buy gold. Their estimate was much lower than yours and I did not have a good feeling about them. I certainly had a great feeling with you; you were very professional and also very honest. I have already passed your name to a number of my frie…
It was a pleasure to meet you today and I want to thank you for your very generous donation to Jessica’s Wish for our major fundraiser to be held on Sept. 4th, 2011. I know it will be a wonderful auction item and will help us to raise more money this year
I can’t tell you how thankful I am that you talked me out of selling my great grandmother’s gold coin necklace. It was something that I would never wear but it was very sentimental in value. Your idea of having it mounted in a shadow box frame with a picture of her brought tears to my eyes. My famil…
I am a student in college and I went to see Mr. Beck about 2 months ago to sell a ring with some small diamonds in it. Mr. Beck advised me that the ring was in excellent condition and I may wish to sell it on Kijiji before selling it for scrap gold as I could possibly get more money for it doing it …
I made several phone calls before booking a few appointments with different Edmonton gold buyers. One thing I noticed that set you apart is that when I was asking different companies about what they were paying for 14K gold, they were very vague, they would say between 14 and 20 dollars. They also s…