Before you sell your gold:
- Shop around. Don’t just go to the first person you see in the newspaper or yellow pages. Check out their website. Ask for some references and then check the references.
- Check the rating they have with Better Business Bureau and are they members.
- Are they active in the Chamber Of Commerce or community?
- Do they have a valid business license?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will they give you a quote over phone on what they are paying per gram? Any good gold buyer should be able to quote a price to the penny. Quotes are always done per gram. If they tell you that they have to see the gold to give you a price, this is an obvious problem as there is no need to see the gold.
- Look over what you are selling. If you have any jewelry that is intricately designed with small gems and diamonds, these pieces of jewelry are very labor intensive and may have more value as jewelry instead of their gold value and can be sold privately.
- If you have a family heirloom piece of jewelry make sure that you are ready to sell it. It will be impossible to retrieve it once it is melted down. Rule of thumb is if you have even the slightest bit of hesitation, hang onto it. You can always sell it at a later date.
- Make sure you are getting value for your diamonds and gems and the company you are selling to have experience in that area. Often good size diamonds can add significant extra value to your gold sales.
- Follow your gut instincts. If something doesn’t seem right, it probably isn’t. A professional gold buyer should explain everything to you in detail that they are doing and it should be a very smooth and pleasant transaction.
Clinton Beck is the President of Beck Gold & Diamond Brokers. He has been brokering gold and diamonds for over 20 years. “With gold prices reaching ever higher prices, it is very important that people research where they are selling their gold,” says Beck “a small handful can be worth thousands of dollars so it is important that consumers do their due diligence to find the best value for their gold. We have clients who have been offered several thousand dollars less by gold buyers.”
What Should I Bring?
The following are items you need to bring to sell your scrap gold:
One (1) piece of government-issued picture ID (e.g. driver’s license)
One (1) piece of government-issued ID (e.g. health care card; social insurance card)
The jewellery you plan to sell must belong to you.
We work with the guidance of the Edmonton Police Service – Business Watch International.
Current Gold Price
Current Silver Price
The custom ring you designed for me is perfect. Don’t change a thing! Thank-you for listening and hearing me. Yay! April G.
So nice to meet you both today, and thank you so much for spending the time with me to look at some of my gemstones and diamonds. And, for your great suggestions on Diamond Grading ABC. I’ve ordered it from the GIA educational store – they’re offering free shipping and a great price right now. …
After phoning around I decided to set an appointment with you and another gold buyer who was located in a mall on the south side of Edmonton in a jewellery store. Both you and he seemed the most professional businesses I could find. I went to the jewellery store first. When I arrived I took out my b…
My wife Lisa Nelson introduced me to your services this week with an appointment with one of your sons, I think Nicholas. It was my first experience in trading in old, and unwanted gold and I found the experience so simple, friendly and it went off without a hitch. We went to your residence, or it a…
I wanted to greatly thank you for assisting me with the purchase of the earrings. I have given them to my wife this week on our 1 year wedding anniversary and she loved them. Based on this purchase and my experience I will certainly be referring businesses your way.
I went to Londonderry Mall where a business was set up to buy gold. Their estimate was much lower than yours and I did not have a good feeling about them. I certainly had a great feeling with you; you were very professional and also very honest. I have already passed your name to a number of my frie…
Thanks for your help as well, I was very comfortable selling my gold items to you and am very glad that I chose your company instead of someone else that would not have been so personable. I would definitely recommend you to family friends and business associates. Thanks again and I will more than l…
Clint, thanks again for the deal you gave me on my engagement ring. You saved me $1,500.00. It is gorgeous and better quality than I could find anywhere. I owe you one.
I had a couple of pieces of unwanted old gold jewellery. Recent news reports talked about the current high value of gold on the market and explained that local jewelers will buy unwanted jewellery. I used the internet to find a few alternative jewelers and found that Beck Diamonds gave an accurate w…
Any jewellery hoarders out there? I was both impressed and amazed by Clinton’s professionalism and honesty when he appraised my gold. I highly recommend Beck Diamonds if you have old gold that is collecting dust or if you are just in need of cash. The value of gold is great, and I was pleasantly …